Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Road Less Travelled


Going back through the archives I found the very first story that I wrote for Golf Digest back in 2002. I think it was published in 2003, but it is certainly interesting for me to reminisce about the trials and tribulations of a life on tour now that I'm well removed from the all consuming pursuit of golfing greatness.

Back in 2002, I was on the comeback trail from surgery, and had to claw my way up through the Challenge Tour, the secondary option for the European PGA Tour.

It brings back some great memories, but drives home just how difficult it is to make a crust unless you are playing for real money on a major tour.

These will always be good memories however- hey I proposed to my wife in the middle of this story!

No comments:

Post a Comment